Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Mister Xman's Tri-Barrel Part One


I have been blessed with a very innovative mind.  I constantly come up with new ideas.  Sometimes people in my circle of influence bug me for sharing my ideas so openly.  They insist I have an obligation to go to market with my ideas and sell them.  For example... a few months ago someone asked me to help him design a prototype of a new prosthetic limb.   As I started to toss out ideas to help this one armed gentleman, two of my associates jumped all over me.  They believed the guy was trying to prod me for ideas. 

They cautioned me that this evil one armed bandit planned to leave me out of the loop so he could market the thing behind my back.  My reaction was,so what, I don't care."  I have ideas coming out the Wazoo.  I think of stuff like that all day long.  Let the poor guy some make money.  I'm glad to help.  I don't have time to develop the idea myself anyway.  They were a little socked by my attitude, but I'm sure they'll get over it. 

That's not the way things are usually done, I know. However, that's the way I am.  Today I will tick my associates off even further, because I am about to give away one of my ideas in this blog post.  I believe this idea will help lots of people work smarter not harder.   

A little history first.  Here in New York, we were hit by the Storm of the Century.  Better known as Hurricane Sandy.  It caused Billions of dollars in damage.  Businesses were lost, Lives were ruined.  People died.  Even today,  people are still struggling to recover.  A good friend of mind is helping with recovery effort in Brighton Beach, also known as Little Russia by the Sea.   Brighton Beach is mostly a Russian community located in Brooklyn New York.  It's near Conney Island.

Anyway, due to flooding from the storm, mud was everywhere.  My friend had to take mud from a basement of a store and take this mud and dump it nearly a half mile away.  Using only a wheel barrow, he needed to move an estimated 3 tons of mud.  I altered his wheel barrow to make things a little easier for him. 

I created something I like to call the "Tri-Barrow".  In other words, a wheel barrow with 3 wheels.  A half mile is a long way to use a traditional wheel barrow.  That's quite a work out.  A Tri-Barrow takes  the stress off your arms and  lets the wheel barrow do the work for you.  So... that's why I came up with the thing... to help make life easier for a friend. 

It worked like a charm and saved my friend time and money, so I was pleased with my contribution. 
Just think, If I hadn't interveined, the man whould have arms that are 3 feet longer by now.

  As I looked around at the mess left by Sandy, I thought about how others might benefit from something like my Tri-Barrow idea.  So, I mentioned posting this idea in a blog or uploading a video to You Tube, one of my associates pitched a fit. 

Sell it, Sell it, Sell it!  That's all he ever sees.  He thinks I'm a fool for sharing  the idea so freely.  He figures a Tri Barrow needs to be developed and sold for a profit.  Me... I feel like the people who got hit by the storm suffered enough.  Some of them might not ever recover fully.  People need help now, not after a lenghty developemental process to eventually... end up in Home Depot. 

I think that our life should be defined by how many people we help.  Not by how much money we make.  Don't get me wrong, we need money, I just don't think we have to start drooling every time there's an opportunity to make a buck.  Try not to let money own you. Don't get me wrong, I want to make money as well as the next guy.  I just think that money is a tool for you to use.  Not a tool that turns you into a tool as well. 

I do have an idea to help seal up people's homes so that they don't suffer damage from severe flooding.   This idea saves people's property and saves the insurance industry BILLIONS of dollars as well.  I find it totally appropreate to make money off an idea like that. 

However, I don't have to be greedy,  It's not necessary to make money off every idea I in my head.  My theory is... people who help other people ... will eventually make money somewhere along the line.  It comes with the territory. 

Well, that's not the end of the story, I plan to write a part two.  Seems after doing a little research, I found there was already a Tri wheel barrow out there... long before mine.  

In the mean time, Enjoy the picture of my Tri-Barrow, and feel free to use the idea to make your life a little easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment