Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Avengers Movie is Finally Here

Wow the Avengers movie is here ... finally.  Today is Thursday May the 4th 2012.  Tomorrow the Avengers hits the big screen.  I have been looking forward to seeing this movie.  Marvel has done such outstanding work lately.  I really love Robert Downey as the Iron Man Character.

He is soooo perfect in that role.   He was born to be Iron Man. That role was made for him. He is awesome.  Think about it... could you picture anyone else as Tony Stark?  No way, he is the man.  Well, I cross my fingers and hope this movie will be worth the hype.

Even though this is a fantasy film, it still inspires me.  Perhaps in some small way what happens on the screen will spill over into my Real Life Superhero lifestyle.  I'm not fighting an alien invasion from outer space at the moment, but the night is still young. 

Presently I am involved in a souple of  movements  to make this a better planet.
I have been recruited to help some people create a Sustainable Community Model. If successful, people will learn to live better more productive lives.  They will also be able to save money and have less stress.  If I can accomplish this, maybe I will start feeling more like a Superhero.

That's the thing, with donning a costume, you want to do something worth wild.  I think that most people who put on a Superhero costume have a built in "Save the world mentality".  However, it's not always easy to find a good cause to invest yourself in.   Something worthy.

When you are a kid, you think you want to be a Superhero and fly around while beating up bad guys all day.  When you grow up, you realize it's not always about beating up bad guys all the time.  There's more to life.  However, you still find the need to justify wearing the costume.  You want to more than just play dress-up.  You want what you are doing to be real... on some level.

The other day some reporter from an online media organization asked me for an interview.  They wanted to talk about Real Life Superhero issues,  so I did the interview.  In my opinion, people within this movement have a responsibility to represent the cause in a positive light.

Well, I did  my best.  Here is the Link:   http://altvariety.com/archives/1151

If you've ever had a reporter do a story about you, you know how hard it is for them to get the story exactly right.  This guy did an alright job. He got most of the important facts correct.  Still, when I read about myself... it still feels like I'm reading some kind of fantasy magazine or something.

 Then again, that is what I am looking for. I am trying to become a next level Superhero. Perhaps it should sound too good to be true.   I think it inspires people.  Perhaps it gives the next generation a foundation to build on.   Stranger things have happened.

I remember watching Star Trek for the first time. ( I think that was back in the late 60's )  It was so cool.  Captain Kirk would beam down to the planet surface and whip out his communicator.  Wow, that was such a cool gadget.  Of course in those days, we still had pay phones on every corner.  We also had rotary phones.  If you don't know what a rotary phone is, don't ask.  Perhaps you can still see one in a museum somewhere. We didn't even have pagers yet.

Today we have cooler gadgets than Kirk's communicator.  Think about it... Kirk had the equivalent of today's cell phone.  What was science fiction in the 60's, is now reality.  Not only that... I-Phones have surpassed the communicator by leaps and bounds.

Think about it, a regular Joe like me is creating actual Superpowers.  What will tomorrow bring?  I do believe one day Superheros will fly.  Anyway, I think it's a reasonable possibility.  Perhaps, others will start coming up with Superpowers of their own.

Maybe one day something like this awesome movie... The Avengers ... will be a lot like the Kirk communicator  analogy.  We will look back and say " Yes I remember what a great movie that was,  but it's no big deal... because we do that stuff all the time now." 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment