Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Who is Mister Xman1?

Just exactly who is Mister Xman anyway? People always want to know what is the deal with the guy in the mask. What is he up to? Why is he wearing a mask in the first place? If you have the need to know, I suggest you read some of my old blog posts and find out for yourself. The best way to understand a person is to get your information straight from the source.









I have actually heard people say I am trying to be a Real Life Superhero. Wrong. All you have to do is read some of my old blog posts, and you will find out that is a false statement. Though I respect anyone who patrols the street with a mask and a costume. I have no interest in doing it myself. I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY REAL LIFE SUPERHERO CLUB. I DON'T DO THAT STUFF, AND I NEVER HAVE.



I have retrieved a few purses from purse snatchers, and done a few daring deeds in my time. However, I've never dived into a phone booth, or changed into a costume, while yelling "up, up and away" as I flew through the air. I don't have a Bat Cave, or an X-Mobile, and when Mayor Bloomberg has a crime problem, he calls Ray Kelly, not me.







Then again, If I told you I was all sweet and humble and I wasn't trying to get any attention...that would be a bold faced lie. The nature of my skills require public attention for my talents to be of any use.




Most people who call themselves Real Life Superheroes dress in costumes, patrol the streets and do charity work. They can't fly, and they have no super powers to speak of. If they say they're a superhero, I have no problem with it. Go for it.




I just worry that certain individuals within the Real Life Superhero movement sometimes become a little over zealous and forget that life is not a comic book. They try to pull off a daring rescue, but get hurt in the process. I can think of 2 examples right now where one guy suffered a broken nose and the other a dislocated shoulder because they got in just a little too deep.







I would venture to say that most of these people have no training in law enforcement whatsoever, yet they sometimes use the title "crime fighter" in their online profile. That makes me just a little uncomfortable. Enough about them ( Their heart is in the right place ) this is about me.




Me? I am many things to many people. To some people I am a poet. I used to write custom made poetry for people. Once people found out I could write poems, people started paying me to write poetry for their loved ones. I don't like to write for other people, because I have to interview them, and do research on the subject matter.





It's time consuming. Another thing, I didn't want to feel like I was in a bad version of a Cyrano de Bergerac remake. (If you would like to read one of my poems, see my blog titled: The Child who Adopted Me.)




I"m an entrepreneur. I don't want to go into detail, because I have a long way to go before I can start bragging about being successful.









I am a professional artist. When I say professional, I mean I used to get paid to do art work. For 5 years it was how I earned my living. I specialize in several different mediums. Sculpting, painting, you name it. There are actually a few celebrities who own some of my work. If you would like to see one of my creations, check out a book written by my friend Arlene Gaal.




The book is called "In Search of Ogopogo, Sacred Creature of the Okinagan Waters" by Hancock House Publishers. The pseudonym I used was Caleb Doubtfire.




I am a master of disguise. If I don't want to be recognised...I won't. If I were Waldo, you'd never find me.




I am a multi talented entertainer. I won't go into detail, because I am always inventing new things to share with people. However, a lot of what I have to offer has never been seen before. If you have something original, you must be careful when and how you share it with the public. Opportunist have a habit of stealing anything that isn't nailed down. One of the reasons I am on you tube is to better control when and how my work is presented.




You tube is a great format to present new ideas. I have presented a few ideas on you tube and have had some mild success. I am planing on cranking up the frequency and quality of my you tube videos soon after publishing this blog.





I am a film maker of sorts. Though I haven't released anything yet, I am planing on releasing a "How to" video on the subject of UFO fakery soon.







So, if you are wondering who I am and what I am up to, I can sum it up this way...I am an introvert and an extrovert at the same time. On the one hand, I am a highly extroverted outgoing, man of mystery, jump off a cliff, daredevil, in your face, share my life with the world, entertainer kind of guy...in a mask.




On the other hand, I am an introverted, stay at home, nerd, read a book, go see a movie, enjoy my private life kind of guy. So, I have a dual personality type, and I am very comfortable with both sides of my personality.







Last, I can't fly, I don't have super powers or a cool super vehicle...at least, not yet anyway...and until I do, I won't be using the title " Superhero " to describe myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment